Latest Polk version is 1.0 VM
- Acid panel is non-modal.
- Acid supports negative frames.
- Parent support for LW 9.5 motions
Polk version 1.0 HM
- PC minisliders now respond to tablets
- Item picker buttons now have more informative labels and more room for item names
- The Mac now supports multithreading! This was particularly important for the Acid tool.
- Mac minisliders now work fully, not stopping at the edge of the screen
Known LightWave Issues
- Some scenes with motion plugins or IK behave strangely, especially with Parent. This is a long-standing LightWave bug.
Polk version 1.0 HC
During Load From Scene, Polk would sometimes
lose item references (items picked as parameter selections.) This
is a LW bug, but we made a new workaround to avoid it, making
load-from-scene more reliable
PC Polk sometimes could not load all of the Polk settings from an object saved from a Mac. Fixed.
Polk version 1.0 DW
- Mac OSX version
- Windows USB dongle support
- Rare bug, when selecting multiple objects, sometimes the displayed count of objects was wrong. Fixed./li>
- Dangle crash when applied to a null object fixed.
Polk version 1.0 DP
- Supports all LightWave object types, including subpatches.
- Supports multilayer objects completely
- Multiple camera support
- Support for objects with over 64k vertices
- Diffuser bug (scaling objects instead of moving them) is fixed.
- Fixed "stuck cursor when disabled gadget" GUI bug.
- Previews now show effects from last frame rendered, not always frame 0
Polk version 1.0 DG
- Macintosh support!
- Motion envelopes can now be saved in LW 6 format [Argh, but not in LW 6!]
- Blink: Was always ignoring cycle starting frame definition. Fixed.
- Parent: Fixed a bug with offset child bones.
- HueVary: Fixed a rare bug which caused solid blue to be unchanged
- BladeBlur: Fixed multithreading artifacts
- Changed final LW save call to avoid scene file corruption<
- Confusion: Applied effect now blurs alpha as well
- Save requester now works properly when using VBFileRequester
Polk version 1.0 CW
- L+S buttons now cut and paste by holding down the shift key.
- Previews in Acid, HSVBoost, VFog, DropShadow, BladeBlur, DropShadow, Raleigh, Lens,
and Confusion are all faster and more interactive.
- When writing a motion file with an Export button, an animated status bar will show its
progress and allow an abort.
- Saved attribute and motion files are now editable in Notepad
- Speed enhancements to Acid, Poke, and Whip.
- The "L" and "S" buttons would cause a crash on some machines but not others. Fixed
- Throttlelink had a subtle problem when using motion blur and an FPS setting which was not 30. Fixed.
- BladeBlur and Acid sometimes had problems with ScreamerNet under Windows 95. Fixed
- Dropshadow shadows would sometimes have the fields reversed when you were field rendering. Fixed.
- Enviro's alpha channel was reversed. Fixed.
- Acid would crash on the Alpha when Sharpness was 100%. Fixed.
- DropShadow, VFog, Lens, and Confusion previews would show only frame 0's keyframed effects. Fixed.
- A LightWave bug caused the second ScreamerNet node on some dual-CPU machines to
crash. LightWave 6 fixes this, but we've rewritten our code to avoid
the bug completely even in LightWave 5.6.
- A bug in Darktree Textures made it incompatible with some shaders. (Darktree outputs
an illegal surface normal.) Polk now checks for the problem and avoids it.